PERSONAL INJURY LITIGATION
Representation in products liability, vehicular and construction accidents, medical malpractice, and premises liability claims.
Examples of our representation in this practice area include:
• We successfully obtained a new trial for our injured client following a defense verdict and secured on appeal a landmark decision from the Pennsylvania Supreme Court that evidence of a patient’s consent to surgery after being informed of the risks is generally irrelevant and must be excluded in a case sounding in medical negligence.
• We obtained a seven figure recovery on behalf of a young girl who required the amputation of several toes when a relative accidentally rode over her foot.
• We successfully defended a major multinational truck leasing corporation in a wrongful death case brought by the estate of a woman killed in an accident caused by the lessee’s misuse of a leased vehicle.
• The Firm successfully tried a neurosurgical medical malpractice case involving the wrongful death of a young mother of two children, securing a seven figure recovery for the children that we successfully defended on appeal.
• We obtained for our client a multimillion dollar settlement before verdict following a two-week trial in a medical malpractice case involving the wrongful death of a young man who underwent gastroenterological surgery.
• The Firm successfully tried a medical malpractice case against a health clinic that failed to properly treat our diabetic client’s foot condition and obtained a substantial monetary settlement for our client following trial.
• The Firm obtained a multimillion dollar settlement from a trucking company on behalf of the estate of a passenger in a vehicle that collided with the company’s jackknifed tractor-trailer.
• We obtained a significant monetary settlement in a medical malpractice case arising from the performance of an invasive cardiac procedure.
• We obtained a seven figure recovery on behalf of a family as a result of the negligent transmission of the AIDS virus by a health care facility.
• We successfully tried a medical malpractice case involving the wrongful death of a 76 year old man who died following colorectal surgery, securing for our client a $6.5 million jury verdict—one of the largest in the state for the wrongful death of a person more than 75 years old.
Sprague & Sprague 135 S. 19th Street, Suite 400 Philadelphia, PA 19103