Representation regarding the purchase or sale of residential and commercial real estate; negotiating and drafting commercial real estate loans and leases.
Examples of our representation in this practice area include:
• When a major car dealer was refused necessary consent by a municipal landlord to the dealer’s purchase of an existing property lease, we sued on the dealer’s behalf and obtained a complete victory for our client through settlement at trial, securing both the City’s approval and an extension of the term of the existing lease.
• We secured a favorable settlement for a major real estate company concerning its purchase of a retail building in an equity action for specific performance brought on behalf of our client against the seller.
• Engaged by a major real estate developer to assess its responsibility for charges relating to the relocation of utility poles and an underground gas line, we found that the utility had improperly charged for the work and the developer was due a significant refund.
• We regularly represent an owner of shopping centers nationwide in numerous transactional issues related to leasing its properties, sublease approvals, easements, tenant bankruptcies, signage issues, negotiating new lease terms, lease assignments, sale of properties and similar matters.
• We represented the purchaser of a multi-tenant office building in suburban Philadelphia, successfully negotiating the agreement of sale, handling the closing, and resolving post-closing disputes to the complete satisfaction of our client.
• The Firm represented one of the owners of a major real estate partnership with more than $50,000,000 in assets, negotiating numerous agreements of sale and handling numerous real estate closings on behalf of the owner over a period of 15 years.
• We successfully tried a housing discrimination case in federal court on behalf of a couple discriminated against by property owners on the basis of religion, securing for our clients a jury award of substantial compensatory and punitive damages that was upheld on appeal.
Sprague & Sprague 135 S. 19th Street, Suite 400 Philadelphia, PA 19103