WRONGFUL DEATH LITIGATION
Representation of parties in claims arising from deaths due to medical malpractice, products liability, premises liability, vehicular and construction accidents.
Examples of our representation in this practice area include:
• We successfully tried a medical malpractice case involving the wrongful death of a 76 year old man who died following colorectal surgery, securing for our client a $6.5 million jury verdict—one of the largest in the state for the wrongful death of a person more than 75 years old.
• The Firm successfully tried a neurosurgical medical malpractice case involving the wrongful death of a young mother of two children, securing a seven figure recovery for the children that we successfully defended on appeal.
• We obtained for our client a multimillion dollar settlement before verdict following a two-week trial in a medical malpractice case involving the wrongful death of a young man who underwent gastroenterological surgery.
• We obtained a significant monetary settlement in an obstetrical malpractice case involving the death of a baby shortly after birth.
• We obtained a seven-figure settlement on behalf of the estate of a 75 year old pedestrian struck and killed by a vehicle backing into a parking space.
• The Firm obtained a multimillion dollar settlement from a trucking company on behalf of the estate of a passenger in a vehicle that collided with the company’s jackknifed tractor-trailer.
Sprague & Sprague 135 S. 19th Street, Suite 400 Philadelphia, PA 19103